Dutch Apple Pie

I tried this for the first time this year for Thanksgiving and it was really good!  I think this is how I did it - I kinda made it up as I went.

1 crust

Filling:

6-8 granny smith apples
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
2 caps of lemon juice
2 caps vanilla
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
3 T cornstarch

Peel, core and thinly slice apples.  Cut some slices in half, but leaving most as whole slices.  Add other ingredients on top and mix thoroughly by hand until it is well mixed.  Dump into pie shell, heaping it up as much as you can.

Topping:
3/4 c flour
1/3 c butter
1/4 c sugar
1/2 c b sugar (I think)

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, using a fork or your fingers, or both.  Spread evenly over apples.

Cook at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes, until top is golden brown.